Managing ‘Staff not at this Site’¶
Most applications have the link View & Add Staff not at this site at the bottom of the staff list.
Applications which do not have this option include:
- MyPL@DET (Professional Learning Management)
- OASIS (School Oasis Systems)
- SAP (SAP Portal)
Staff added this way will not appear in the main staff list but will appear in a separate staff list created by using the View & Add Staff not at this site process.
Adding Application Access¶
- Select the location and the application where you wish to add staff not at your site.
Figure 1 - Shows main staff page for School Resources - Abbotsford Public School:
- Click on View & Add Staff not at this site in the bottom left handside of the screen.
Figure 2 - Shows View & Add Staff not at this site link:
- This will display a new page called Staff not at xx School which lists the staff not at your site who have already been given access for this application at your site.
Figure 3 - Shows Staff not at Abbotsford Public School page:
- Click on the link DEC State Wide Staff Search in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen to open a new Staff Search box.
- Enter details in the criteria boxes and click Search Staff.
- Click on the appropriate name in the resultant list of names to select it.
Figure 4 - Shows DEC State Wide Staff Search screen with Name - Last of test:
- This returns you to the Staff not at xx School staff list.
- Tick the appropriate level of access box for the selected staff member to grant them access to use the application at your site.
- If it is successful, the box will flash green before putting in the tick.
Figure 5 - Shows the box around the tick box coloured green:
- If it is a failure, the box will flash red and an error box will appear.
Figure 6 - Shows error message which states can’t find Staff member: test.test83 in DET.WIN domain:
Try ticking the box again.
- If it still fails, log an ICT Service Desk Incident stating the exact wording of the error. This is important to assist the diagnosis of the problem. Other error messages may be displayed besides the one above.
Removing Application Access¶
- To remove access from these staff:
- Select required location and application.
- Click on the View & Add staff not in this site link at the bottom of the staff list page as per Adding Application Access process above.
- Untick the box as per normal process to remove the tick. This removes the staff member from the Staff not at this site AMU list.
- A green box will appear to show success of removal.
- A red box shows failure. Tick again, and if still unsuccessful, please log a Service Desk Incident and state the exact wording of the error message (as explained above).
- ALWAYS REMOVE this access from staff not at your site when it is no longer required.
To return to Staff at this site list, Click on Go back to Staff at this site link in bottom right hand side of the screen.
Figure 7 - Shows Go back to Staff at this site link: