Managing Relieving Principal access¶
Relieving Principals require the same network and application access as School Principals. This is provided via:
- AMU - managed at the school.
- HR (Finance, HR and Staff management) - the school must contact various HR sections to organise access as per the information sheet in the link below.
Please note - Refer to the EDConnect website for all details on how to manage access for Relieving Principals: https://detwww.det.nsw.edu.au/it/ictservicedesk/forms/index.htm#Principal_Webmail
- All access added for Relieving Principals must be removed when the relieving position ceases.
Points to remember when granting AMU access:¶
- Relieving Principals will either appear in the AMU staff list or in the View and Add staff not at this site list for their relieving site.
- The Substantive Principal and Relieving Principal have responsibilities to fulfill in this process.
- Permissions must be given in AMU for Authoriser and User access, and in SRS for Relieving Principal access.
- Contact the local Operational Directorate office to log a Service Desk Incident if there is no-one at the school to perform AMU functions.
Responsibility of the Substantive Principal¶
- BEFORE you leave your role/site, as Substantive Principal you should:
- Add the Relieving Principal to the school in SRS within AMU.
- Grant AMU Authoriser access to the Relieving Principal.
- ON YOUR RETURN to your role/site, as Substantive Principal you should:
- Remove AMU Authoriser access from the Relieving Principal.
- Remove the Relieving Principal’s access from SRS within AMU.
- If a Substantive Principal is not available, the school should contact the local Operational Directorate office for assistance. They will contact EDConnect to add the access.
Responsibility of the Relieving Principal¶
A delegated Authoriser can assist you with this.
- WHEN you take up this relieving position:
- Grant yourself Authoriser access for any required application within AMU.
- Grant yourself User access for any required application within AMU.
- Change your Job Title to Relieving Principal in the Staff Portal using <Update your profile>.
- BEFORE you leave the role or the site, whichever applies:
- Remove any (extra) AMU access you granted to yourself at your relieving site.
- Change your Job Title in the Staff Portal using <Update your profile>.
Granting access in SRS within AMU for Relieving Principal¶
The Substantive Principal at the school should log into AMU and select SRS.
If the Relieving Principal is:
- A member of the current school staff -
- Check the box against their name for <Relieving Principal>.
- From outside the school -
- Select <View & Add staff not at this site> link at the bottom of the staff list.
- Enter details to search for their name.
- Click on the correct name to put them into the <staff not at this site> list.
- Then check the box for Relieving Principal access.
This will add you to the RelPrincipal email Distribution List at your relieving site and access to relevant folders and printers.
Figure 1 - Shows Relieving Principal selection in SRS:
To return to Staff at this site list, click on the Go back to Staff at this site link in bottom right hand corner of the screen.
Figure 2 - Shows Go back to Staff at this site on bottom navigation bar with no staff added for this location:
Removing all AMU access no longer required by Relieving Principal¶
The Substantive Principal should remove all AMU Authoriser and application User access that you no longer require for the Relieving Principal role on your last day of Service, ie. Authoriser (in AMU) and User (in all other applications).
- Every month the Educational Directors will receive reports on currently assigned access for Relieving Principals. Access for those no longer requiring it will be removed.