Managing User Access for Applications¶
To set up or revoke rights to use an application other than AMU:
- First select a location, then click on the radio button next to the required application.
- This will open a staff list for that site with the available levels of access for the selected application.
- The information is displayed as a table - staff members in the left-hand column and different levels of access along the top bar.
- Filters can be used to include or exclude teachers and non-teachers in the list and to display the staff members’ positions.
- Refer to Using the Filters in Application Management Screens.
- Check boxes are displayed in each column against a staff member’s name.
- Ticking and unticking boxes adds or revokes application access.
- ALL ticks MUST be removed from a staff member BEFORE they leave your site - while their name is still in your AMU list.
- Otherwise, the staff member will retain application access to your site after they have left and a Service Desk Incident will need to be logged to have this removed.
- Single access level for PRC showing two staff members with ticked boxes which means that they can access and use PRC as a PRC Co-ordinator.
- Touch the cursor on the staff member’s name to display the DET User ID.
Figure 1 - Shows PRC administration page with single level of access:
Multiple levels of access available for SRS - School Resources System with access granted for Local Group 1 and Local Group 2.
- Touch the cursor on a tick box to display a description of the role, eg. Office Staff Group - the message reads: Members of the Office Staff group can access the office folder within the staff faculty share of the eT4L server.
Figure 2 - Shows SRS (School Resources) administration page with multiple levels of access and the cursor on Office Staff Group:
- All changes are made in real-time. As changes are being made, the database records are being updated and the access is being allowed or removed.
- Click the check box to display a tick and give access to the relevant staff member.
- If successful, the box will show green as the tick appears.
- If unsuccessful, the box will show red and display an error message - try ticking again.
- If still unsuccessful, report the exact wording of the error message to the ICT Service Desk.
- To remove access, click the check box to remove the tick.
- A green box indicates success.
- A red box indicates failure so try unticking again.
- If still unsuccessful, report the exact working of the error message to the ICT Service Desk.
- ALWAYS remove access from a staff member *BEFORE* they leave your site - while their name is still in your AMU list.
- Otherwise the staff member will retain application access to your site after they have left and a Service Desk Incident will need to be logged to have this removed.
Other Application Help Files¶
Refer to the Help files within the specific applications, eg. EMU - Help and SMU - Help, for an understanding on how each access level relates to the application.