Using Application Management Screens¶
The Management screens are related to the functionality or levels of access that are assigned for each application.
AMU Management Screen¶
Select AMU from the application list on your AMU Home page. Touching the cursor on a tick box for any staff member for any application will show the name of the Authoriser function that can be assigned.
Figure 1 - Shows EMU Authoriser Profile displayed after the EMU Authoriser box is ticked.
Other applications Management Screens¶
The level of access for each application varies from one level to many levels, eg. PRC has only one level of user access to grant, ie. simply a ‘use application’ access level, whereas EBS4 has many levels.
Touching the cursor on a tick box will show the level of access that can be assigned:
Figure 2 - Shows the only level of access for PRC - Premier’s Reading Challenge, ie. PRC Coordinator
Figure 3 - Shows some of the many levels of access for Student Management (EBS4), eg. Behaviour/Attendance Manager, Executive, Principal, School Admin Officer, Teacher.
Management Screen Functions¶
This will commence with a Please wait while the page is loading... message, then a Progress Bar will appear:
Figure 4 - Shows the progress bar loading
Once fully loaded, your page will be displayed. To go back a page or start another search, click the Home button in the left-hand panel.
- If you have loaded a page that uses the Progress Bar, you will not be able to use the Back Arrow to go back to the previous page, as the same page will keep loading because of the way the Progess Bar functions.
- Click on the Home link in the Navigation pane on the left hand side of the page to go back to the AMU Home page and start a fresh search.
Show number of entries¶
In the top bar, above the headings Staff list and the different levels of access, is a Show entries display box and a (Staff) Search box.
Figure 5 - Shows the top bar with the number of entries per page on the left and a search box on the right
Change the number of records displayed per page to reduce your search time, ie. choose between 25, 50, 100 or All.
Figure 6 - Shows the drop-down list for the number of entries that can be selected
Show number of records¶
The Number of records being shown on a page is displayed in a bar at the bottom left of the page, eg. Showing 1 to 25 of 84 entries.
- If the number of records displayed is less than the total number of records for that location, then a page navigation option will be displayed in the bottom right of the page, ie. click on the page numbers or Next and Last to search the staff list.
Figure 7 - Shows the bottom bar displaying the number of entries on the left and the page navigation boxes on the right
- If less than the selection, eg. 17 records and minimum selection is 25 - then the page navigation will be faded out or inaccessible.
Figure 8 - Shows the number of entries displayed for a single page only
Staff Search box¶
You can also search on First Name or Last Name at a site. Type a name in the Search box and the staff list will automatically update to show only staff with that name.
Figure 9 - Shows staff with the selected name of teacher in Staff List
If no staff members exist at that site with the chosen name, the message No matching records found and Showing 0 to 0 of 0 entries (filtered from x total entries) will be displayed .
Figure 10 - shows No matching records found message
If no staff are found at a location, a message No staff were found for this location (+ location name) will be displayed.
Figure 11 - Shows No staff were found for this location message
Using the Filters¶
The Filters at the top of the application management screens allow you to filter different cohorts in the Staff List.
The Default filter is for all roles to be ticked and Show Position unticked.
If Show Position box is ticked this will display another column entitled Position showing staff position names. If no Position name is displayed it may indicate that the staff member is a contractor.
Figure 12 - Shows the Show Position filter ticked displaying the Positions column
Unticking a box will filter out that role from being displayed in the Staff List, eg.
- Teacher – When checked, this shows staff members who are Teachers.
- Non-Teacher – When checked, this shows staff members who are Non-Teachers, eg. Admin and Support staff.
- Casual Teacher – When checked, this shows staff members who are Casual Teachers and have been added to the site using Casual Staff - Add in SMU
- Casual Non-Teacher – When checked, this shows staff members who are Casual Non-Teachers and have been added to the site using Casual Staff - Add in SMU, eg. Admin and Support staff
- Show Position – When checked, an additional Position column appears displaying the position name of each staff member
NB. Refer to SMU - Help for details on how to manage (Add and Remove) Casual staff at your site.
Figure 13 - Shows all ticks removed apart from Non-Teacher and Show Position.
DET User ID displayed¶
Touching the cursor on a staff member’s name will display their DET User ID in a text box next to their name, eg. Abbi.Andrews shows for Abigail Andrews.
Figure 14 - Shows DET User ID displayed
Description of box to be ticked¶
Touching the cursor on a tick box within Access Management Utility will display the name of the Authoriser Profile, eg. EMU Authoriser Profile.
Figure 15 - Shows EMU Authoriser Profile displayed
Touching the cursor on a tick box in an application other than AMU will display the name of the User level of access, eg. Executive or Principal.
Figure 16 - Shows Executive access level displayed for Student Wellbeing (Synergy)
Ticking and Unticking boxes¶
If ticking a box is successful, the box surrounding the tick box will turn Green.
If unsuccessful, the box surrounding the tick box will turn Red.
- This happens when both ticking and unticking boxes.
Note - Refer to Managing Authoriser Access in AMU and Managing User Access for other Applications for further assistance. Also, learn what to do if ticking or unticking a box is unsuccessful, ie. a red box is displayed.
- Reminder - ALWAYS remove AMU access from staff *BEFORE* they leave your site.
View & Add staff not at this site¶
Staff who are not appointed substantively to your site, or who work at more than one location, can be added to your AMU list for a specific application by selecting the option at the bottom of the staff list View & Add staff not at this site.
Figure 17 - Shows View & Add staff not at this site link at the bottom left of the main Staff list page
This will open a new page with a Staff Search option as in SMU. Search for staff using the drop-down boxes and select them to add them to your site. You can then proceed to grant them access by ticking boxes as per usual.
They will not appear in the main staff list but in this separate list of Staff not at this site. To remove access, simply click on the link to open this list and untick the box. Their access will be removed and they will disappear from this separate staff list.
Note - Refer to View & Add staff not at this site for assistance.